Zinc is an important mineral ion in the body. It is responsible for normal growth, brain development as well as the growth of hormones. In men zinc is responsible for boosting their testosterone levels. You should therefore strive to eat foods that are rich in zinc. In this post, we talk about foods with high zinc contents that you will find at our restaurant.
Foods with high zinc contents
At Ilmercato, we strive to ensure that the dishes we serve are rich in this essential mineral. Our menus reflect this and we serve food such as:
- Low fat yoghurt
- Almond seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Nile perch
- Green kales
All these foods are rich in zinc.
Benefits of zinc
- Fastens wound healing
Zinc does this by increasing the rate at which blood clots after an injury. If you have low zinc levels,you will find that it takes long time for you to heal after a simple injury or cut.
- Boosts your immunity levels
People who have high zinc concentration find that they are able to cure from common colds faster than those who do not have this trace element.
- Strong bones
Zinc just like calcium is important for bone formation since it is a metal.
- Thyroid development
With good thyroid development, a baby is able to grow faster and more healthily as opposed to that who does not have the trace element in their system.
- As we have pointed out, zinc is essential in boosting testosterone in men. It does this by increasing the amount of free testosterone in a man’s body by inhibiting conversion to estrogen. Estrogen is the female sex hormone and is responsible for girly characteristics such as fatness, roundness of features as well as a soft character.If you have too much estrogen, you act like a lady and are quiet and conservative. The male hormone on the other hand makes you aggressive and tough. With it, you do not need to take any fat burning gnc pills since you are good to go and your body is full of muscles as opposed to fat.
Who is at the risk of low zinc
- Lactating and pregnant mothers since all the zinc could be taken up by the baby
- People who are always taking alcohol
- Those with sicke cell disease
- Vegetarians who do not want to eat beef, oysters or chicken. But this should not mean that vegans should rid themselves of zinc. They can take lentils, spinach, kales, sesame seeds, pumpkin, chia, groundnuts and almonds which are all zinc rich foods vegans should take.